TITLE: Jr. Chemist
LOCATION: Jaranwala, Pakistan, EMEA
REPORTS TO: Plant Quality Assurance Manager
Ingredion is hiring a Jr. Chemist will be responsible to develop quality standards for the organization’s raw materials, in-process products, and finished products and design new, complex, or innovative measures, tests, sampling methods, and other procedures that ensure that these standards are met.
As a Jr. Chemist, your responsibilities will include:
- Physio chemical analysis of Maize and all kind of in-Process Materials. Shift wise monitoring of equipment and solutions.
- To provide support to Production by timely conducting in-process product analysis in routine or shift working.
- To test incoming maize, processing aids and in-process products.
- To maintain analytical results record book/log sheet/SAP, of in-process products.
- To acquire training on current GMP’s, GLP’s, ISO, IMS and standard test methods and procedures
The Jr. Chemist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks/projects and changing/competing.
- Ability to proactively recognize, plan and act on the need for innovation and improvement
- Result driven to set. priorities and enable achievement of goals.
- Enthusiasm for lab work and method/application development and willingness to learn new skills.
- Eagerly implements improvements by keeping an open mind and actively incorporating changes.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 1-2 Years, QA/QC Laboratory
- BS Honors, M. Sc. Chemistry, Coal Technology
- Computer skills with foundational level (i.e SAP, MS Office)
- Strong analytical, physical assessments, monitoring and mathematical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
Job Title:Dy. Manager Quality Control
Location:Kotri, District Jamshoro, Sind, Pakistan
Primary Function:Coordinates all QC functions at QA/QC lab of Mehran Plant. In collaboration with the company’s Quality Assurance (QA) and Regulatory Management, the Dy. QC Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the lab personnel and systems, ensuring that all finished products are wholesome, pure, and within customer specification while complying with the internationally standardized and other requirements. Assists Quality Assurance Manager to achieve departmental goals.
Key Knowledge and Skills Required
- M.Sc. Chemistry with 12 Years in Quality Control / Quality Assurance labs in reputed Food or Chemical processing industry
- Key Skills (Analytical, Instrument calibration, physical assessments & monitoring)
- Computer and Project Skills with proficiency level (i.e SAP, Office, Six Sigma)
- Languages and level (English/ proficient level)
- Significant experience and knowledge of GLP, Accreditation and FDA, other regulations
- Experience working in a food plant environment including compliance with applicable regulations governing the various product lines.
- Excellent organizational skills. Sufficient knowledge of the industry, products and customer needs to recommend improved testing methods, instrumentation, and anticipate the testing needs of customers.
- Committed to creating and maintaining a work environment that values the difference of styles and options.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify and implement creative, innovative solutions when appropriate.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership and management skills in working with people and managing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively handle a variety of assignments simultaneously